The U.S. Defense Health Agency (DHA) is comprised of civilian health care professionals employed by the U.S. Government. DHA employees serve our country by caring for military service members but are not subject to military requirements such as "boot camp," military uniforms, or deployment.
Working closely alongside their military counterparts at clinics and hospitals across the U.S. and around the world, DHA employees care for active duty personnel, veterans, and their families.
America's Premier Medical Team Saving Lives and Fostering Healthy and Resilient People
- Promote, sustain and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading edge health to our warriors and military family to optimize outcomes.
- Selfless Service
- Personal Courage
Our Strategic Theme
- Maximize Value in Health Services
- Provide Global Operational Forces
- Build the Team
- Balance Innovation with Standardization
- Optimize Communication and Knowledge Management